Monday 19 March 2007

Seriously weird and a visit from Dave

Well,

This blog has had a big accolade today when Shelley and Jackie colleagues of mine described it as 'seriously weird'. I hadn't realised how well this was going! And this is before I get into serious cycling mode and the use of blogging by mobile phone! This is a new learning for me that any mobile phone that can email can be linked into this blog so that I will be able to blog from the bike on the end-to-end trip!

Meanwhile I had a visit from my friend Dave T (aka Gringo) who when hearing of my planned trip offerd to join in for a day or two and immediately lifted up my bike in one hand and said it was a bit heavy (shades of Neil in the Young Ones?) and suggested I might be better off on a touring bike with less weight to carry uphills, though he reckoned it was less good on your back having a bike with drop handlebars. So back into the 'do I need a new bike for the trip' questions. Though Dave suggested I could hire a bike. I am hoping to hear something soon from my email to the CTC amagazine. Watch this space if you can cope with its serious weirdness!

Yours weirdly,

Bill on bike

No comments: