Monday 26 March 2007

Half man Half bike

Hi,

There was a lovely tang in the air today which made me think of skiing and the fresh clear mountain air. My favourite cycling weather I think to cycle and gradually warm up with the day and maybe take a late breakfast of hot fresh baked rolls under a tree.

Yesterday travelling home at a good pace I was in the 17th out of my 18th gear on Brantingham Road ('Brantingham, Brantingham, Brantingham Road, Oh Ah Brantingham Road' sung to the tune of Dagenham Days wasa it by Hazel O'Connor - any old punks out there?). Or 'like a rocket slid on rails' (Convoy).

Me and the bike working well together in a kind of harmony and I think again of Flann OBrien (I gave you the wrong book title 'It was The Third policeman') and his idea of man and bike intermingling their molecules.So I become half man half bike or who knows even bikeman! Maybe that's why I feel my knee joints could use some oiling!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: