Friday 16 March 2007

55 miles again

So, I am now back home after a 55 mile all day trip on my favourite route around the countryside to the South of Manchester (Alderley Edge, Goostrey, Marton, Maggotty Lane etc). I dropped my daughter Grace off at her school and cycled off at 9am.

I got home just after 4pm which is a whole hour earlier than last time. Sheila puts it down to the yeollow (banana yellow of course) cycling jacket she brought me for my birthday. Maybe but I am also that bit fitter and the bike was recently serviced. I noticed I did not even got off to push up any steep bits the first 15 miles or so despite doing so last time on a slow long uphill bit. So I am pretty pleased apart from an aching right knee which also ached last time but is not so painful this time. Looks like some Yoga would help especially over Easter.

What it means is that my 70 miles day for my End-to-End trip is now within reach. I still need to be able to do it day after day, hence the need to strengthen my right knee and to try some more frequent shorter trips. But I am so pleased I am cyling faster now and 70 miles in a day is within reach.

Best,

Bill

No comments: