Wednesday 7 March 2007

Banana bums

Those who recall Jack Keroac's 'On the Road' and the dharma bums? will get the reference but in any case you will notice in a earlier post I waxed lyrically (strange phrase?) about the creative use cyclists make with bananas when feeling saddle sore. (My women friends and acquaintances seem very gripped by these matters for some reason!) I have just read in great book written by a mad character who cycled on the tour de France route and he was advised to slap a lot of Savlon on his nether regions every morning before cycling. I have never found this to be a problem for me so far but watch this space and no there wont be any photos I promise.

This morning I hit a curb stone fast on my way into Alexander Park on route to work and few yards later that sickening feeling of a flat tyre. My back tyre as well which I had fitted with an allegedly(!) puncture proof tyre last Easter after 2 or 3 punctures in a row. I don't carry the puncture repair gear with me on these short runs so I walked the last couple of miles musing on punctures I have known and cycle trips in my youth with Ziggy, Toad and Ben more of that anon.

I passed another cyclist this morning but I think it was more about crossing a junction more quickly cos she soon passed me but then I passed her again at the next junction. Maybe I am a bit faster. I'll see on my next big trip a week on Friday.

Intense discussions and negotiatiosnw ith my bacxk up team about dates and routes for my End-to-Ender trip which looks like being early In August, watch this space for details.

Keep those tyres pumped!

Bill

No comments: