Wednesday 28 March 2007

Oh Manley Road

Hi,

I got it wrong yesterday I travel out on Brantingham Road but I travel home on Manley Road just for the fun of it. So the song is different 'Oh Manley Road, I hear the curb a-calling...' to the tune, you guessed it, of Danny Boy.

I got an email from a journalist in Knutsford thinking that I had actually completed the ride and wanting to find out my experiences in passing through Knutsford. It opens up possibilities of doing local papers and even local radio, it could get a bit like Tony Hawks hitching around Ireland with a fridge. There's a thought, "look out for Bill on bike on the road today he is travellign North on the B5292, give him a toot or better still some organic chocolate..."

Going back to Knutsford I have 2 memories. One is me and Ziggy stuck near the Knutsford roundabout on the M6 back in the mid 60s hitching back from the Isle of Man (how exotic) and beeing stuck there from 11.45 to 4.30am. Eventually got picked up by 3 beatnicks/hippies and saw the sun rise very dramatic and when we were dropped off we noticed that the driver had no shoes on.

The other memory of Knutford is having a sunday lunch in a cafe there when my daughter was a toddler and she decided to wander around the room and offer the other diners her half chewed cucumber!

Hey ho, best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: