Friday 9 March 2007

Keith and other crimes

Hi,

I ran in to my old friend Keith yesterday, well I wasn't on my bike and I didn't actually run into him but you know what I mean? It was Keith who lent me Tim Moore's hilarious French Revolutions book in which he does the Tour de France route and soon realises that if he is to get round that he will do what what some cyclists on it do - cheat and take drugs!

Anyway Keith gave me some good puncture advise if the first patch does not work take the wheel off and replace the inner tube. Not sure how ecological that is but sounds quicker and easier if nothing else. Keith is also a cyclist and talks about doing some of the route with me around Manchester but thinks I will be uber fit by then - such confidence. Richard might do some of the middle of England route.

So any of you out there want to join in part or even the whole of the route get in touch. It looking like the first weekend in August onwards but watch this space for further details including possible route. There will be no drugs or cheating otherwise you can tell our mums. Well actually unless you have access to a Medium telliong my mum would be difficult.

In the Guardian this weekend there was a book of cycle routes one of which (route not book!) passes right near my door in Chorlton that I had missed. It's on the old railway line which we hope will one day be a tram route - my power to our MP John Leech, and the round trip is about 23 miles which makes a nice half day trip that I'll do soon and tell you all about. "Well the first tree, an elm, I passed was showing a few buds and then I cycled past the supermarket trolley that lacked one wheel then over a slightly bumby bit and then..." It reminds me of a Bonzo Dog song "We went down to the beach but no-one got drowned"

I think I better stop now!

Best to all

No comments: