Tuesday 13 March 2007

Out there

Hi,

Cycling to work this morning with the sun in my eyes on part of the route which proves Christa's point that travel John O'Groats to Lands End would be mostly cycling into the sun. It still seems like downhill to me to do it that way!

Left the bike shop yesterday and it started to rain, not enough to immediately put on my waterproof trousers but if I didn't as sure as anything it would rain even more soon though it didn't. Before this cycling madness kicked in last Autumn I would have left my bike at home at the first sign of rain or even the forecast of rain. Now unless it is pouring down I cycle. I have a change of clothes at work but haven't yet needed them. On my first big ride last autumn 35 miles just to prove I could do it I cycled through a couple of showers without any waterproof clothing and dried off naturally.

It is like I am now more out in the world in the natural elements, more vulnerable to them but it feels good. I guess I am more connected.

Best,

Bill

No comments: