Tuesday 26 June 2007

Visitors

Hi,

I have just visited sitemeter which records how many visitors this blog receives and where you come from. First off there have now been over 500 of you which I think a triumph of (your) hope over my intrepid prose. (Sorry about the use of that word 'intrepid' but since Eye used it in relation to me in The Friend last week it has kind of stuck to me. I dream of a 1,000 hits by the start of the LEJOG trip in August.

It's where you visitors come from that is equally fascinating to me. Naturally 71% come from the UK but my hits from the USA - 16% have shot up this last week no doubt in response to my visit. After that it gets even more interesting 3% from Australia, 2% Belgium, and 1% from Mexico, Egypt, Peru, India, Chile, Netherlands, Spain!

I am not totally sure what people get out of it as I only get a few messages and emails but I know people tend to visit more than one page at a time so the blog is getting read!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: