Monday 18 June 2007

Hot news

Hi,

Hot news just as I am about to leave for a 6 days in the USA. my friend Richard will do the Knutsford to High Bentham and High Bentham parts of the route with me which will be right grand.

Some of Richard's cycling friends think that 70 miles day in day out for the 14 days of the LEJOG trip I have planned is a cause for shaked heads. I have always been a bit of a fool who rushed in where angels fear to tread or in this case cycle.

Well it will get my best shot and as long as my legs and body as whole holds out who cares if it takes an extra day or so.

I have come up with a new middle name for the bike - Mercurius after the Roman God Mercury, the god of swift travel and communication. Even though Mercury is Grace's ruling planet she is not impressed and neither is Sheila. It also sounds a bit like that Greek singer from years ago! Nana Mercurius Groat. Well I think you readers need to get in on this one - vote now!!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm,...the greek singer you are referring to is Nana Mouschouri....and then am thinking: if you want a God for travel and communication to name your bike, why don't you use "Hermes" (leave the Romans...:)) who is also the God of liminality?

Anonymous said...

and here is more evidence...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NottSrgiSZo