Tuesday 5 June 2007

The route - latest version

Hi,

I thought you all might like to read about the latest version of the route so that when the time comes you can follow my progress in a deck chair with a cold slow drink beside you as I struggle up the Devon and Scottish mountains. I will post here as often as I can.

I got my feet sunburnt on the beach on saturday which is a pain in more ways than one. It makes me think about my legs whilst wearing my 'Dad-it's-too-trendy' 3/4 length cycling shorts. Still rian and wind is just as likely!

Anyway latest version of where I aim to be staying at each night:

Day 1 (Friday 3rd August) Lands End to Wadebridge, camping
Day 2 (Saturday 4th August) to South Molton
Day 3 (Sunday 5th August) to Cheddar, camping
Day 4 (Monday 6th August) to Ross-on-Wye
Day 5 (Tuesday 7th August)to Much Wenlock
Day 6 (Wednesday 8th August)to Knutsford, home in Manchester
Day 7 (Thursday 9th August)to High Bentham, friends
Day 8 (Friday 10th August) )to Brampton
Day 9 (Saturday 11th August)to Peebles
Day 10 (Sunday 12th August)to Perth
Day 11 (Monday 13th August)to Blair Athol, camping
Day 12 (Tuesday 14th Agust) to Black Isle
Day 13 (Wednesday 15th August) to Altnaharra
Day 14 (Thursday 16th August)to John O'Groats!

Where not specified I/we are staying in B and Bs, apart from Perth which is not yet set. I am mostly following the CTC B & B scenic avoiding main roads route. But after
Perth I switch onto National Cycle Route 77 and then Route 7 at Pitlochry.

This is all getting scarying real. I hope to do my first 70+ trip in a couple of days and see where that leaves me!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: