Thursday 5 July 2007

Wet feet

So,

Another downpour on the way to Dee's - the Heaven's opened - great phrase that. I don't mind being rained on, in fact I find it quite exhilarating - I just hate it when I come indoors out of it and have to strip off wet clothes.

My hair gets a bit wet in the gaps in my cycle helmet. My upper and lower body stayed dry thanks to Sheila's birthday and Xmas presents to me of yellow banana cycling jacket and waterproof but breathable trousers.

But below the trousers my socks got soaked and my Kenyan shoes, worn because my cycling shoes were still wet from yesterday, got soaked through. So I am going to have to check out overshoes for my LEJOG trip as I can't have all my shoes wet at the same time. That's assuming that bike shops and suppliers haven't sold out on overshoes in this wet weather.

It's good practice for me just cycling through the rain, I'll have to do it on the trip and I notice I could still get to 12 miles per hour.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: