Wednesday 4 July 2007

Tender but well sponsored

Hi,

Wet days in Manchester, dodging showers as best I can but at least no flooding here. On my bike trip last Friday along the canal banks by the end of the day for the first time ever I had a sore bum. Could this be the start of a Savlon addiction? I hope not. With a bit of rescue cream I am now OK. But I will be ready for a future outbreak on my LEJOG trip!

Sponsor-wise I have collected another £90 from my fellow staff members and students. This take me up to £697. So there is still room for more, dig deep and I can make it over £1000 which is my first goal.

People still seem doubtful about whether I can do it - cyclists and non cyclists alike. I am up for it but who knows? If I can't do it all in one go then I will go back and finish it off later. So I'll do it one way or another, hopefully all in one go. I quite like not knowing. It is not a simple thing.

I can do 70 miles in a day, my knee complains later on than it did, I feel better the next day than I did. I am doing the miles quicker than I did, I understand more about what food and drink will be most helpful, so it all points in the right direction.

Your support and prayers do make a difference!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: