Sunday 1 July 2007

My Kenya shoes

So when I first visited Kenya I took a newish pair of shoes with me. I had been invited to give a keynote address to KAPC's International Counselling Conference in September 2004 - but that's a whole other story.

Well I have this thing about wearing new shirts and/or shoes to conferences. So there I was walking in the grounds of the conference hotel on the bone dry pathways and lost of dust flew up. It was the same at KAPC's downtown or rather down slum headquarters.

I was at first put out my new shoes were being ruined and when I got home I could not get them that clean. But then something happened and they became my Kenyan shoes and every time I wear them I reconnect with Kenya in a very physical way.

These shoes will be my off bike shoes this August during my LEJOG trip.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: