Monday 16 July 2007

Cycling in sunshine

Yes it's true! I cycled into work today in sunshine which so lifts the spirits after so much rain. I felt a bit tender in my nether regions - this seems an obsession for long distance cyclists - but I hope this was down to cycling in soaked shorts for hours on end. But I will add Savlon to my list of must-takes!

We go to Norfolk for a few days from the weekend after next before travelling on to Lands End to start the LEJOG trip. So I am trying to figure everything out and take all that I need. I even wondering about putting tags on my shirts - Tuesday August 6th, Wednesday August 7th etc but that is one step too obsessive.

In Norfolk I can go for regular short 15 or so miles daily training trips and sing to the sheep - Noel Coward, Pet Shops Boys, maybe a bit of Buggles (one hit group from the 1980s?) as in 'Goostrey remember me' whcih was my reworking of their classic 'Elstree remember me' from their legendary first album, possibly their only one!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: