Thursday 31 May 2007

Sunshine, birds and trapped in a lift

Hi,

Easy cycling this morning in sunshine and a bit too much wind for my liking. I felt like I could moosey along and cycle all day without really waking up. I like cycling in early to work before it gets too busy on the road. My hope on the LEJOG trip is to cycle after an early breakfast and get some miles in before it gets too hot and before I really wake up - 10am usually!

I noticed the birds singing this morning I love to hear them it evokes some nostalgia in me for sunny mornings in my childhood especially pigeons which a neighbour kept. My Dad and my father-in-law were both keen bird watchers. I'm not, I don't quite get it but I guess I am a bird listener.

That reminds me of a daft seaside joke, 'What you you do it a bird shat on you?
'Dunno but I wouldn't take her out again!'

Yesterday evening me, my bike and Adrian and Maureen were in the lift at work - I keep my bike at work in amazingly spacious 5th floor office - and when we got to the ground floor the lift door would not open. Adrian's immediate response was to say, 'I'm glad I went to the loo before we left'. My response was to remember a story about a group of NHS workers stuck in a lift all weekend after the power was shut down!

We pressed the emergency bell but there was no response from the porters who only have one member of staff for the whole building after 6pm. Things looked grim. Then Adrian reached forward and easily prised open the doors and we were free. Such is life!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: