Thursday 24 May 2007

Bananas again

Well,

I had lunch with my old friend and and part LEJOG companion Keith today in the 8th day basement cafe. Keith you recall was the man with the message if I fall off the bike the pig gets it!

Anyway Keith produced this curious inflatable plastic thing courtesy of Rosie and Stephan from Munich. He challenged me to figure out its usage. I was non plussed. Keith then produced a banana and put it inside the plastic and inflated it! Lo and behold you a have a banana cushioned on all sides by air.

This then fit neatly in rucksack, panniers or even that curious pocket you have on the back of cycling jackets. No more squashed bananas! Needless to say Shelley and Jackie found this immensely amusing. And once I have figured out my new digital camera I'll get a photo onto this site!

Best to all,
Bill on bike.

No comments: