Friday 4 May 2007

A spin around the Edge

So,

Just back home after another one of my 55 miles training rides from home out to Alderley Edge and then a circular route that takes in Goostrey and Maggotty Lane etc. Cloudy all day and I only saw the sun once when nearly home at Styal prison.

I sampled some sausage rolls in Alderley Edge in a great bakers there and took a pie for lunch along with my banana(!) on a bench under my usual tree in Goostrey.

I re-worked the lyrics to 'Elstree remember me' by the Buggles replacing Elsetree with Goostrey and finding myself singing it with a strained nasal voice rather like Dylan!

I did the trip 35 minutes quicker than last time starting at 9.30 and finishing at 4.10. Leaving out my breaks I am doing about 9 mile per hour which is great and I hope to reach 10 before August.

My friends Rob and Sue are going to put us up on route to Cornwall and I have just booked us into what seems like a brill B and B in Penzance. for the night before the trip starts.

Sheila has lost her enthusiasm for camper vans so we are thinking B and B alternating with camping. However Sheila snores like a rattle snake so I am not sure how many nights in a tent Grace and I will cope with!

Marie kindly gave me £10 upfront yesterday afternoon so that makes a total of £114 upfront with much more pledged. It makes it all feel much more worthwhile, very motivating and with your help we can clear a £1000 soon!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: