Thursday 3 May 2007

Phone a friend

Hi,

Annie gave a me a generous donation today which brings the total of money actually given so far to over £100 - £104 to be exact. I also have a number of people who are pledged to payout once I do the trip. Now is your chnace to 'Help William reach a £1,000' so I am asking you the audience to phone (or email) a friend - William and pledge your support for this mad cycle trip. 1p a mile comes to £10 assuming I complete all 1,000 miles of the trip!

Meanwhile I am doing another of my circular cycle trips to Alderley Edge around and back again tomorrow and I'll wroite soemthing hot off the bike when I finish.

Matt Seaton - who I wrote to about postmodern cycling - has curiously gone back to Flann O'Brien in his weekly Guardian cycling column. He quotes form his Mollycule Theory "people who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles oveer the rocky roadsteads of thsi parish get their personalities mixed up with the personaliites of their bikes as a result of the interchange of mollycules of each of them".

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: