Wednesday 1 April 2009

Distressed sheep

So the big news is that my daughter Grace has passed her Grade One piano with Distinction. We are all made up about it.

At my piano lesson yesterday I found that Rebbecca had used my blog entry about the Pets Red letter day song that I sent her to settle down one of her younger pupils. 'Read this' she said!.

So I had another go at singing and I can still hit the same notes even if they are played several notes apart. The curious thing is that I can go up the scale more easily than going down. At one point Rebbecca announced that I sounded like a 'distressed sheep' and it was true and we both laughed. Hey ho as Kurt Vonniegut used to write.

That reminds me of Noel Coward' song 'There are bad times just around the corner' "The shrieks and wails of the Yorkshire Dales/Have even distressed the sheep".

No comments: