Friday 24 April 2009

Years to Heaven

To paraphrase Dylan Thomas, it's my 60th year to Heaven. Well it will be my 60th birthday next January and I have been much exercised about this matter. Hence some of my blogs in recent times thinking about life, death, work, family the usual stuff.

I am not planning a mega do - though I am open to being surprised. My current idea is to invite some good friends to spend an evening with me and each one will be invited to sing a song or tell a story or offer a poem, no one will be forced to.

Naturally I am much taken with what my contribution will be. Dare I inflict my keyboard skills on my friends? I dare. A poem? Almost certainly. Something of the Pets, well come on!

Talking of the Pets having missed out on their forthcoming gig in Manchester as I was out of town when the tickets were on sale when I heard of their Liverpool I followed the link from their website yesterday and got tickets! I hoped for standing tickets but they were already sold out! Now all I have to do is to persuade a friend - any friend(!) of mine to share the experience! Of course Frankie will be there! ("Sure thing Boss, How abotu inviting Len ("Struth Boss I'd love to but I will be on walkabout" or even Q ("Not really my cup of tea Boss") not to mention Stacey ("The Pets aren't they a bit 1980s - too old to be retro and too young to be history?").

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: