Monday 20 April 2009

Shropshire Dreaming

So, cycling to work this morning at 8am and there is still a crisp cool feeling in the air even though it is a clear blue sky and it will be warmer later. Feel a real urge just to cycle off into the sun rather than have my first day back at work.

I remember cycling in Shropshire on my LEJOG ride nearly 2 years ago now and how the sun was coming up over the hills and the sunlight was in my eyes and there was was some early morning mist about too. It was magic.

Re-entry into work today could have been worse and in the mail was a new book on relational ethics edited by Lynne Gabriel and Richard Casemore with a chapter in it by me on training. The book has a lovely lilac cover to it too, and in published by Routledge.

Later in the day I opened the latest copy of Thresholds magazine only to find that Chris the editor had included a poem of mine - 'Poem for John and me' which I wrote on a train last year on the way to a conference in Cardiff. And coincidentally John was visiting me at work today!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: