Friday 12 October 2007

Getting ready

So,

The bike is back from Cyclelogic with 2 new tyres, new chain and transmission, new gear changer, and new brake blocks. It feels so different to ride it especially after a few days on Sheila's bike. I almost feel a song coming on based on the Sheila's wheels car advert but let's not go there!

There was a mix up with Cyclelogic over my tyres in that I wanted a new front tyre but they noticed the back needed replacing and felt the front one could last a bit longer. Anyway they threw in a new front tyre which was grand of them.

I have also fixed my route and places to stay. it goes:

Thursday 25th October Manchester to High Bentham to stay with friends. Leaving Manchester on mostly off road cycle route.
Friday 26th on to a couple miles beyond Lazonby getting close to Hadrian's Wall
Saturday 27th on to 5 miles north of Langholm in the Borders
Sunday to Edinburgh and a late train home for me and the bike!

All I need is good enough weather, no bike problems and no health problems! Talking of which I am back with Ananda Marga Yoga classes with a new teacher who is not the same as my old one Prem but who has something of the same attitude so it suits me. Walking home at 8pm after 90 minutes of the class is blissful.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: