Tuesday 23 October 2007

48 hours to go and bananas

So, 48 hours to go and a crisp ride to work through misty slightly frosty scenery. Another world seems very close, turn round a bend and be somewhere absolutely elsewhere, or not. I feel really ready, it is forecast to be cloudy later this week I hope that does not mean rain and I hope there is no rain in the next two days so that I can easily ride out of Manchester off road. It will be slower but so much better.

My friend Christa who used to write cycling books has stories about cyclists and bananas and just emailed me: "Sorry but I can't put my hands on which LEJOG record-breakers it was who enthused to me about their teams' resourcefulness/generosity beyond the call of duty in handing to them as they cycled 'impossible' war-time bananas on their record attempt (though I think it was the really funny tandem-trike blokes I interviewed yonks ago). Well, I suppose at a pinch you could paste that into your blog. Oh, and do enjoy the Southern Uplands - if your route through there is anything like such an uncluttered yet lullingly curvaceous landscape as mine was, what a brilliant stretch for mulling."

More anon,

best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: