Wednesday 30 September 2009

Solo

Hi,

Great piano lesson last night with Rebbecca. Started off with some singing. It may be obvious to most of you but once I am warmed up I sing better which was why I enjoyed signing on the way home on my bike last week after the lesson. After the singing which included working the transition between my chest singing (Bassish) and head singing (bit falsetto like) I told Rebbecca about my Al Bowly performance on the way home. She didn't recognise the name of the song so recklessly I just sang it to her - a bit nervous but as she said I was in tune. God I am starting to claim that now! Since in my heart of hearts (whatever and wherever that is!) I know when I am in tune or certainly I know when i am not. So my first solo!

Home to another episode of the Choir and Gareth re-visits the Boys school which did have a choir for years until he visited it. So I am weeping again music being a route into a tenderness that boys find hard to own. Earlier in the day one of my students spoke about being told to mime (like I was at Primary School) by the music teacher. So this must have been a teaching(!) fashion at the time. Unfortunately she has not reclaimed her voice - yet. I was very tempted to set up a choir there and then!

Then this morning 7am and Grace, my daughter, puts on the Pets singing Red Letter Day. Its the bilingual CD version with a great drum solo, then the choir, then Chris on Hi NRG music and then Neil. My all time favourite. What can you do? I had to sing on my bike and this time I got it in tune. If you want to hear and see the video try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfOLBi4s1Pc

This song which is about yearning and hope and many other things - I have blogged about it before - is what I want at my funeral but Sheila said, 'Oh no!' and I thought well Yes funerals are for those who live on for a while and it is a bit naff imposing all kinds of daft requests on grieving people. Anyway why wait? Click on the youtube link!

Nice to bike with no rain this morning enough to make any Mancunian sing their hearts out! (What a phrase that is?)

Best,

Bill-on-bike

No comments: