Monday 7 September 2009

In Suburbia

When I woke up this morning I could hear the rain the drip drip dripping of the water off the end of the guttering that needs repairing. By the time I was ready to leave home the rain clouds had more or less dispersed and there was even some blue sky and attempted sunshine.

I biked to work through that wonderful after rain smell that is so fresh and cleansing and lifts my spirits. It was a delight to ride. A few words from 'In Suburbia' by the Pets (naturally) came to mind "I only wanted something else to do but hang around" Neil Tenant as ever capturing a truth in a few lines in this case a teenage truth.

There is probably some Pet words for all situations - now there's a challenge - send me a scenario and I will try and find a suitable Pet quote!

Best,

Bill on bike.

No comments: