Tuesday 26 May 2009

Minor Miracles

It's Saturday morning (well it was) and I've just finished my piano practice working on a new piece and my two hands are just beginning to work really well together on it.

It is a minor miracle to watch my hands produce this music. I have only been learning to play the piano for just over a year. All the years I have loved music but hardly ever had a voice (outside of the bathroom) and never part from badly self taught teenage guitar been able to play.

I will never be a brilliant musician, probably(!) never play in a band but my playing enriches my soul and I hope to occasionally in time enrich others.

No one was ever interested in this possibility of em and music. I had a good enough upbringing otherwise but no one thrust an instrument into my hands and said, 'try this'.

Music has been very important to me all my life. I even wrote a poem about it when I was 17 or 18 expressing my passion about music and my sadness that I could never play it.

To all would-be musicians out there, to all would be writers, poets, artists, creators of any kind, give it a go, find the right teacher and work at it!

Best to all,

Bill on bike cycling in the wind and sunshine

No comments: