Tuesday 8 July 2008

Frankie says gets lit crit

Yes it is true! Philip Craggs, the Fiction Editor of Blank Pages, which published my Grabiella poem, had some interesting things to say about Frankie says blogs.

"I find it difficult to believe that the Boss would be so easy going with his PA in the circumstances. Hacking into his blog to post stories about him flirting with staff members is surely a firing offence, and Frankie does not seem to be a very competent PA. And the tricking him into signing a release form does not ring true. I think it would work better if the two characters have their own blogs and the story cuts between them, although it still leaves the problem of why Frankie isn’t fired for spreading rumours about his boss. Perhaps Frankie posts anonymously in a way that prevents his boss working out whose blog it actually is?"

"I’m also slightly confused about the boss’ job. He’s clearly in education, and while I know that high up people in that sector can end up travelling a lot, it seems odd that there are trips to both Barcelona and Hollywood coming up in the near future. .. The relationship between the two is very odd for boss and PA, and you could use their posts to shed some light on why this is... You could investigate how their accounts of the same incidents differ, and use their own words to give the reader an insight in their characters – possibly more insight than the characters themselves actually have."

I love it! It is also a great help for the writer-in-me which is apart from the Boss-in-me, Frankie-in-me and Q-in-me.

Best to all,

Bill on bike - utterly rain swept today and yesterday and whilst not quite glorying in it its' great for our strawberries and raspberries!

No comments: