Wednesday 28 May 2008

Message to Behr

I have just received this post from Behr with no email address attached so I am replying here

"Hi Bill, I was just reading about your fund raising trip and was wondering how I could go about doing the same. I'm in Israel right now, planning to bicycle from Turkey to the Atlantic starting in August."

Hi Behr,

Sounds fantastic. If you visit wwww.blogger.com and follow the instructions there you will be able to set up a blog in no time at all. Then just start blogging and tell as many people as you can about your blog - put it as a strapline on your emails and tell me and other blogs about it and away you go.

There are websites that will at a price collect donations for you - I chose not to do this. And your blog site can carry adverts - blogger can arrange this for you but again I chose not.

Blogger.com does not offer space for photographs bubt it does offer a link to a site such as flikr.com so that your picture does appear on your blog.

If you have a modern mobile phone you can text straight to your blog - I wish I had done this. 'Help I am in a ditch now etc'. I had hoped to visit cyber cafes or get my backup team to upload to my blog but they weren't having it!

Do email me (william.west@manchester.ac.uk) and tell me more of your plans.

Best wishes,

Bill on bike

No comments: