Wednesday 14 May 2008

Frankie says(1)

Frankie had told me that there was a team meeting today but he got it wrong it’s next week. (As you know Frankie manages my diary and generally acts as my PA/door keeper). So I said to Frankie:
“The team meeting’s next week”
“Oh” There was pause. “Sorry boss I was out clubbing-.” I wish he wouldn’t keep calling me ‘boss’.
I struggled to get control of this interaction. “I thought you were looking a bit wasted. Listen Frankie if you must go out clubbing in the week for goodness sake get home early and get to bed.”
“It’s not as simple as that boss, it depends on who I get to bed with” said Frankie archly.
“That’s way more than I need to know.”
I always get the feeling in these exchanges that Frankie gets the better of me but he is such a good worker as a rule and I don’t where I would be without him.

No comments: