Wednesday 25 March 2009

Voicing it

Regular readers of this blog will recall my painful history in relation to music. Being told to mime in my primary school always being bottom but one in music in my secondary school but always loving music. Then my delight 3 or 4 years ago in joining a family choir that meets at my daughter Grace's school and the twice yearly singing gigs. How this singing is a wonderful spiritual experience. And how one year ago after being inspired by Grace I took up piano lessons and have never looked back.

Well last week Rebbecca my piano teacher suggested we do some work with my voice since that would part of the Grade One piano exams. So yesterday she played some notes and helped me get my pitch right and it seems that I am bass baritone and I currently have one octave range that is about 3 notes below middle C downwards. I am stunned both to know what my range is and that I can find the pitch, and when I do something resonates within me and within the piano note when I achieve the right note. I can hear it and feel it.

And of course this could well develop.

That is not all. Again regular readers will know of my passion for the Pet Shop Boys - the new CD will be rushed to me any day now. (More on that soon!) Rebbecca let on that she is a Pet fan, maybe not an out and out Pethead like me but a definite fan. I am gobsmacked. How can this be? I have only met one other person who liked the Pets and that was in Bangalore! So who knows maybe with Rebecca's help i can do 'Red Letter Day' for my birthday do!

Synchronicity or God moves in a mysterious way or what?

Gobsmacked of Manchester

a.k.a. Bill-on-bike dodging the rain today but feeling I could cycle on on for miles

No comments: