Wednesday 11 March 2009

Dreaming

I was blogging yesterday about being in the world without the usual filters in place. Well of course it is like that often on the bike. Out in the sun, wind and rain all of which were a feature of my LEJOG trip 18 months ago. I remember one sunny morning awaking in Shropshire and cycled towards machine with the early light shining through the trees and into my face, magic moment.

And last night dragging my daughter out of the house to marvel at Venus shinning brightly if rather low over the roof tops - soon Venus will be no longer the evening star but will be the morning star instead. And also to show her Orion just splendid front on, high in the sky over our street. Magic, gifting the fascination with the stars passed onto by my Dad.

Last night I had a dream that I was planning another LEJOG trip. It was fun thinking about it. I would like to do it again but a bit differently. I would spare Sheila and Grace the rather dull task of being my back up crew. I would probably join an organised trip so that I did not worry about the route, carrying much stuff and bike repairs and for the company. If so I hope the route would be similar to the one I used but with a few variations. I would probably get a new bike purchased under a deal my workplace offers of tax free bikes, something lighter and a bit faster. Although I do have an affection for my 10 year old bike.

Cycling through Whitworth Park today passing the park gardeners and they had the new Pets single Yes etc playing on the radio, made my day. Such simple pleasures! I did manage to forget to buy the Mail on Sunday with the free Pets CD so if any of you out there brought a copy and can spare it let me have the CD! Serves me right really!

Best to all,

Bill-on-bike

No comments: