Thursday 30 October 2008

Near miss

So a few days ago on the bike I was turning right onto a fairly busy road (Albany Road into Brantingham Road to be exact). A line of parked cars to my right reducing visibility plus its a hump backed bridge and this quiet car comes fast over the hill. We both hit our brakes and he stops two feet away from me. 'All shook up, I'm all shook up' - who sang that - Elvis?

So I figures if I earlier turn right at the lights on to the main road - Wilbraham Road for you Chorltonites/Mancunians - and almost immediately take a left then that's probably a better route. The turning right is not without its challenges but the visibility is so much better.

It's been a mad time: yesterday an important step occurred in my work in Kenya (i.e.e we can at last begin to sign people up for the course) which will start in earnest God willing early January - watch this blog(!) and I sent my latest academic book (edited by me) off to my publisher this morning. One of these days it will be the novel!!

So I am wore out with 3 early mornings in a row - not by design, just me waking up. And its nearly 5pm now and I have a 2 hour class to teach...

Best to all,

Bill-on-bike and by heck its cold!

No comments: