Friday 10 August 2007

Fantastic achievement

Hi,

Fantastic achievement, no, not my words but those of my fellow would-be travelers Richard and Keith when they heard about my 422 miles in 6 days from Lands End to just short of Knutsford near Manchester.

Tomorrow - Saturday 11th August I will travel with my backup team of Sheila and Grace to Peebles and on Sunday leave from either Peebles or Edinburgh to resume my LEJOG journey to John O'Groats over the following 5 days. This will leave me with a 3 day section from just short of Knutsford (near Manchester) to Peebles or Edinburgh to complete over a long weekend in the near future.

Resting up yesterday and today has been good - my sore throat is disappearing as is the swelling of my lower lip and the sunburn on my left ear. Lots of aches in my legs but I am feeling a whole lot less tired and hopefully by Sunday raring to go again.

Whilst on the bike on Wednesday I re-worded Noel Cowards Mad dogs song:

"Mad dogs and cyclists go out in the midday sun
Walkers wouldn't care to,
Drivers wouldn't dare to..."

More anon, best to all,

Bill soon to be on bike again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi William
We have arrived in Scotland and I am keeping an eye for you as we move north.
Congratulations on getting this far. IF I don't see you consider this a 'cheering on'
I still think it is a bit of an extreme way to get some time to reflect!

Anonymous said...

Just remember it is our madness that keeps us sane. Keep chasing your shadow and good luck with the rest of your 'shamanic journey'. See you in September deo concedente

---terry--- said...

Hey up

well there's a few days without a blog. hopefully this doesn't mean that the journey's got the better of you.

the ranch at manchester send their best wishes and hope the saddle soreness has calossed over by now

all the best

terry

---terry--- said...

Hey up

well there's a few days without a blog. hopefully this doesn't mean that the journey's got the better of you.

the ranch at manchester send their best wishes and hope the saddle soreness has calossed over by now

all the best

terry

---terry--- said...

ooops - got a little click happy

Anonymous said...

Dear William
We are all following your progress here in Kenya and applauding your efforts for our education programmes. Africa trembles at your achievement!!

Unknown said...

Hi William

Juliet has told me about your feat, and I finally managed to find this page, ignoring messages from my computer such as "buffer over-flow on page 37", whatever that means.

I feel for you - I cycled from Moscow to St Petersburg for charity in 2002, and it took several weeks for my buttocks to feel as they should afterwards. I'll sponsor you 5p per mile for the first 500, and 10p per mile thereafter, as long as you finish before the end of Spetamber. How does that sound?

Roger