Wednesday 30 April 2008

Hitting the keyboard

Weeeellll I had my first piano lesson ever last night with my marvelous teacher Rebecca. After 45 minutes I could begin to use 5 fingers of my right hand to play notes and I could begin to read music, cope with beats to the bar and mostly stay relaxed.

This morning first thing I did my first ever piano practice. So what you might think but as I have earlier blogged I have had a real problematic history with music teachers and self confidence.

So Grace and I are talking duets for the family at Xmas! The first one planned is a copy from Elmo where you sing repetitively one word to a well known Xmas tune - I'll try and get me and Grace on youtube doing this. More ambitiously, Grace and I would love to duet on the Pets Red letter Day (I blogged about that song recently). "Oh no!" exclaimed Sheila at the prospect! It's tough being the partner (and mother) of a Pethead!

Talking of the Pets I found a hilarious clip mentioned on their website (- petshopboys.co.uk - their jube box is great). The clip features the phone jacker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVv1DyYDxlE

Best to all,

Bill on bike and loving the spring sunshine

No comments: