Friday 12 June 2009

Funky

Well, one of my students was talking to another student who said "You're one of William West's students aren't you? He's funky" (referring to my colourful dress sense.)

Such praise! It delights me. All of my colleagues in this rather grim concrete and asbestos ridden 60s building wear really dull clothes, greys and other dull colours. Even the women mostly show little colour doing that corporate thing of let's not draw attention to ourselves, let's blend in.

So today I have on my read trousers, pink pullover and blue shirt. Sheila has taught me something about colour combining but mostly I shop in terms of (mental) colour healing - though it is rather hard to get any amethyst coloured clothes for men!

What I find totally bizarre is how much men's cycling clothes are dark and dull apart from the odd dayglo jacket and the dreadful lycra. Indeed many cyclists just dress dull and don't even have lights on in the dark at night. They scare me when they also use their mobiles phones whilst cycling. I find the busy traffic on Manchester streets rather frightening as a cyclist and I think this is a good survival practice.

We all respond to colour go out there and flaunt it and be funky too!

Best to all

Funky Bill-on-bike!

No comments: