Friday 7 November 2008

Frankie in despair speaks to Q

(For new readers Frankie my PA, Q my spiritual director and the Boss are merely(!) figments of my creative imagination or so I allege!)

"Hi Frankie how can I be of use to you?"
"Oh Q, it's been a bad time..."
"Hmm"
"My life is a mess and I drift from relationship to relationship and I screw up at work and sooner or later the Boss is going to get fed up with me.."
"Hmmm"
"Yes, I don't know what to do..."
"And you are talking to me"
"Yes it's weird aint it? What with you being religious and all that"
"All that?"
"Well my grannie was an Italian Catholic and my mum was a Welsh chapel goer but me and my sister had no truck with that...And... I ain't the kind of man that's very welcome by Christians"
"Hmm"
"You know... you know what I am. You know what Christians say about Gays"
"All Christians?"
"Most, and the ones that might welcome gays are mostly quiet about it"
"True Frankie... How do you feel talking to me since I am as you say religious?"
"Well I guess you are OK you are a friend of the Boss'(Q nods) and he doesn't have a homophobic bone in his body despite his bad moods from time to time.."
"So Frankie, where do you go from here?"
"Well Q... I was walking home late the other night and I saw Orion - you know the stars ('Yes') and I suddenly felt drawn into the sky towards the stars and there was great light all around me and a voice 'Frankie you are love' and I sobbed my heart out... I can't stop thinking about it. Was it true? Was it real? What should I do?"
"What's it like talking about it?"
"Oh... it feels good."
"And how has it affected you?"
"Well it scared me especially that voice, but if I believe, if I can believe in it I feel better inside despite my problems."
"Hmm.... is that not some kind of answer?"
"You mean... you mean take the experience as real?"
"Why not?"
"But... but...well.. er."
"Try it."
"OK I will, but don't tell the Boss."
"Frankie I wont tell a soul. Come and see me again if you want."
"Sure will and you are not that bad for a straight" (They both Laugh)
"There's praise" said Q in a Welsh accent.

No comments: