Monday 26 February 2007

Bike tips and old cylclists stories

Hi,

The old cyclist cure for being saddle sore is to stick a banana down their underpants but I admit I haven't tried this yet.

What I have tried is the advice to pedal in a lower gear so that you are not pushing so much and getting into a better rhythm with more but easier pedalling.

What I am also trying is 'ankling' 'It involves pointing your toes on the downstrroke and bending your foot up on the up stroke, sort of waddling' OR 'drop your heel to push the pedal 'over the top' and drop your toes to push it roud the bottom'. Got that? If not visit http://www.users.waitrose.com/~ianclare/links.htm where there is lots of useful stuff for would-be End-to-Enders.

It was windy on the bike today - must of been all those beans I have been eating! :)

See ya,

William

No comments: