Thursday 22 December 2016

The Boss consults Q his spiritual director once more

The Boss consults Q his spiritual director once more

- Hi Boss.
- Hi Q.
They both settle down into Q’s comfortable chairs, not quite facing one another. There is a tense silence as Q waits.
- I’m finding Christmas very difficult.
- Hmm, Q nods.
- Yes, it is the lack of compassion, the lack of common sense, the lack of wit and wisdom, the whole mess of things…
Q waits.
- How can you take it? .... How can you be silent?
Q smiles enigmatically.
- Don’t smile at me!
Q laughs.
- That’s not helpful!
- I know but you either curse the darkness or light a candle.
- Is that so (sarcastically) … Is that enough?
- No, but it is important to act in as many ways as possible and lighting a candle and saying a prayer is a start and may lead one to more considered, possibly more successful actions.
- Hmm, said the Boss, but I want a better world and I want it now!
- Me too!
- Oh ….
- Why ever not? …The question is how?
The Boss nods - I know my actions are not enough but sometimes I get so frustrated!
- Me too!
- Oh.
- Yes.
- What does God want?
- Do you really want my answer to that?
- Please!
- Love.
- Love?
- Love of self, love of others, love of the planet.
- How?
- Try it out with the next person you meet, but gently!

No comments: