Thursday 7 February 2013

Professing

As some of you will already now I have recently been appointed Visiting Professor in Counselling and Spirituality at the University of Central Lancs with my inaugural lecture set for March 7th. I am obviously made up about this and there are a few things opening up around me that I am getting excited about and a little bit scared about (more of that later) that suggests something bigger is going on.

I feel that I have earned this appointment and it was so nice to be asked out of the blue. I don’t feet that I deserve it but that’s me and my stuff. However, I wont let such feelings get in the way of the work that now becomes possible. Being a professor opens doors and I want to make the most of it in terms of promoting the kind of research and teaching that has always appealed to me.

Back to the scariness: I seem to have to scare myself at regular intervals rather than plough the same old furrow. And the something bigger, well a few times in my life with COPE, Manchester Reich Group, Energy Stream, PsychoSpiritual Initiative, my PhD group at Manchester, I have found myself part of groups of people that have come together to do something really interesting. It feels like it might well be about to happen again!

No comments: