Friday 20 August 2010

Hey this stuff is turning into a blog entry

This was a comment I left on Josie's Earth, wind and Sky blog: http://earthskyandsea.com

Hi Josie (and Kelly), my two pennyworth. I write when I have to, sometimes it means I have to stop my bike and capture a poem. Some stuff goes straight to blog (or Facebook if brief), some stays in my pink notebook, some ends up after a lot of reworking as 'academic' stuff but that is much less fun and I am going off that message! What I enjoy most is reading my stuff out freshly cooked at a monthly creative writing class where people laugh because of the humour inherent in my stuff and how I perform it. I perform some of my poems publically but have not yet done any stories but want to eventually. I guess my bottom line is I want my stuff to touch people. Hey this is turning into a blog entry oops.

Yeah I guess it is all about contact, a need to be heard and to be accepted. Hey ho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worries about writing what you feel might be ‘long’ comments that could masquerade as a blog entry ;-) I’ve had far longer comments before – which, incidentally, have made far less sense!

Yes, I write when I have to – sometimes having to stop whatever I’m doing and reach for the pen and paper. I love that you do that as well, especially for poetry. Like you, I want my stuff to touch people.

I used to struggle with academic stuff, not because I couldn’t do it but because I felt I was being asked to use a cerebral approach, and I never found that very appealing.

Thanks for the link back to my blog :-)