Thursday 26 April 2007

You were always on my bike

Hi,

yesterday my colleague Mike dropped into my office and had his ususal inspirational impact on me. He led me to see that I should choose the characters I become on my bike for your sponsorship.

So these are my choices at present:

* Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys singing "It's a... it's a... it's a hill." Ideally I would wear my cool long winter coat and get into the mood of the West End Girls video in which Neil wears his cool long coat but in August it would not be cool!

* Elvis - "You were always on my bike" I reckon I do a good Elvis mumble of "Thank you very much" but Sheila says it sounds like Tommy Cooper. Not sure how practical the Los Vegas gear would be but I would enjoy wearing it.

* Noel Coward as alrady indicated in a previous post, in my dressing gown, clutching a cigarette holder and disclaiming "Mad dogs and cyclists go out in the midday sun"

OK it gets weirder now:

* Oliver Cromwell complete with a zit on his chin. His troops known as Ironsides were mounted on bikes. The trouble was when they got knocked off their bikes getting back on in a suit of armour was not easy!

* I wondered about Churchill - "We will cycle on the beaches" and "Never in the field on human cycling..." but Grace who always has something to say suggested I do Tim Brooke-Taylor of the Goodies. He did use to wear a union jack waistcoat and once did a rather poor Churchill impression.

* Grace also wanted me to do Rocky the Chicken out of Chicken Run, he does actually ride a bike and sing "I'm the kinda guy who cycles around" not sure about the outfit though.

* Grace also suggested I do Boudicca and yes I could fit kitchen knives to my bike wheels but her outfit does not appeal to me.

* Sheila wants me to do one of the Proclaimers "I would cycle 1000 miles".

I am open to suggestions on this one and as ever to your comments posted to the blog or to me by email are most welcome.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: