Tuesday 24 April 2007

More shower dodging and a route

Hi,

Well it rained steadily when I left work for my appointment with Dee and then again onto to Grace's school to pick her up from the after school club (which has the unfortunate name of C.O.S.H!)and walk in the rain through the park home. Grace usually likes to sit on my saddle whilst I push the bike - that's the way to travel!

After one of my trips to Kenya in 2005 I wrote an article with Colin Feltham who was with me about our impressions of Kenya and its counselling scene for Therapy Today. You should be able to get the article viva this link: http://www.therapytoday.net/archive/nov2005/cover_feature4.html

I have just had a more academic paper published based on a focus group interview with some Kenyan students starting a Masters in Counselling Studies programme with KAPC and once I figure it out I will give a link to it here.

Meanwhile this weeks CTC newsletter has a great link to a You tube video about fixed wheel cycliong in San Franscisco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H63FivObTLM&mode=related&search

I have more or less figured the outline of a route and schedule based on the CTC B & B route which avoid main roads and is scenic. I will probably fine tune it with some bits of the National Cycle Network. Sheila and I are currently figuring places to stay B & Bs and camping first week, campervan second week. If all goes amazing well and I manage a regular 70 miles per day the schedule would be:

Day 1 (Friday 3rd August) Lands End to Wadebridge
Day 2 to South Molton
Day 3 to Cheddar
Day 4 to Ross-on-Wye
Day 5 to Much Wenlock
Day 6 to Knutsford
Day 7 to High Bentham
Day 8 to Brampton
Day 9 to Peebles
Day 10 to Dunning
Day 11 to Braemar
Day 12 to Culloden
Day 13 to Altnaharra
Day 14 to John O'Groats!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: