Tuesday 3 April 2007

Fallowfield Loopy and Florence?

Hi,

On sunday Sheila, Grace and I went for a cycle ride, me with Grace on the trailer bike and Sheila on her own bike. We joned the Fallowfield loop a couple of streets away from home. It was glorious sunshine and a real treat to be off road on this converted old railway line which had a smooth surface to it and was well maintained with regular signposts. (For free PDF route description visit www.sustrans.org.)

We took a picnic and kept up a slow steady pass which suited Grace well as she usually cycles furiously for a while and then complains she is tired and usually bored; but not this time!

We got about as far as Reddish North station before turning back as Grace and I were due to be at her school singing in the community choir a monthly treat for us.

Today my new cycling 3/4 trousers arrived in the post since my local bike shop does not stock them ( Endura Hummvee since you asked!). I was paraded around the house in them when Grace and Sheila arrived home. They found it most hilarious and decided with my long socks on I looked like a golfer in plus fours. Not the image I had in my inner eye of this dead cool cyclist look - but it is streets ahead of tight lyrca. More of this when I have tested these trousers out on a long run.

Meanwhile I am still pondering over buying a touring bike or not. Andy in the lift on friday at work was very complementrary about my current hybrid bike.

Incidentally Dee yesterday asked me what my bike's name was.
'I usually call my bikes Florence,' I replied.
'It doesn't really look like a Florence.'
I think she is right - what do you think dear reader?

Enough for now,

Bill on bike

No comments: