Wednesday 25 April 2007

If I fall off the pig gets it

Lunch with my old mate Keith who I have half talked into cycling some of the route with me on the day after I reach Knutsford. Keith knows a bit more about bikes than me and has been a great source of information including the wild 'French Revolutions' book. A friend of his is just back from a bike competition in Barcelona in which everyone rode on those bikes with small wheels and wore suits and ties!

I showed off my recent purchases of cycle mittens to Keith and he came up with the memorable line 'If I fall off the pig gets it!' not that my mittens are pigskin but I like the line. I also bought some cycling shoes, my first ever pair they are Shimano and feel great on the bike but weird off it as they kind of rock.

Keith is insistent that I use a mob to update my blog on route, he wont accept the occasionally post from friends houses or internet cafes. I think he is right, you dear readers deserve my comments hot from the roadside or ditch! 217 brave souls have so far visited this site these last 2 months. It's changed my life if not yours,

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: