Monday 23 April 2007

Dodging showers

Well,

when I got up this morning it was still raining - it rained a lot here on Sunday - but it eased off just as I was about to leave the house and catch a bus. So I leapt on the bike and got here relatively dry. I dodn't mind getting really wet on the way home but wet feet and hair is no fun. So I guess I need spare shoes and a towel here along with the shirt and trousers in my office. I don't mind getting wet, well at least briefly whilst cycling. It's getting off the bike wet I don't like. Will see how this pans out on my LEJOG trip which is bound to be wet some of the time.

I have a rough list of places to stay on the trip which will involve B and Bs and camping the first week and then a camper van in the second week. I'll post these (hoped for) destinations in a day or two. It is all getting a bit scary and real and at times I think I am mad. However, I do feel fitter than ever. I am attracting a lot of comments especially from women about my sleeker look! It's not really whippet like, well apart from knees to feet. My thighs are taking that curious cycling shape which has to be seen to be believed - but I'll share you that dubious pleasure by NOT posting a photo!

My only remaining concern is being able to cycle day after day and whether my Capricornian knee joints will cope - they feel like they need oiling - any thoughts? All this will become clearer as I step up my preparations over the next few months. I am looking forward to my next training day run around Alderley Edge and aim to have a few shorter trips at weekends or in these lengthening evenings.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: