Monday 30 April 2007

Traffic cones... on my head

OK,

So I met up with my old friend Rob Spicer and his partner Louise who crossed my palm with silver well £10 actually which is a great vote of confidence in me and my LEJOG trip - you too can pledge sponsorship here - just post a comment or email me: william.west@manchester.ac.uk or send a message by snail mail. Make cheques out to Energy Stream Charitable Trust who are acting as my banker and let me know if you pay tax and are willing to an Gift Aid it.

Anyway Rob, whose family claim to be descents from relatives of Anne Boleyn - and I always wondered why he had a twitch in his neck(!) got into the spirit of me dressed as Neil Tennent from the Pet Shop Boys and suggested not only wearing the long leather coat from West End Girls (I'm there already!) but also wearing a traffic cone like they did in the video of Go West wasn't it - I'll check it out on my DVD of Pets videos. This is a definite photo opportunity so watch this space.

So we can re-word Go West - "Cycle North, in the open air, Cycle North where the skiers are grey, Cycle North is where I'm going today, Cycle North in the setting sun, Cycle North..." As you know Emily and I are in a family choir that are based at her school that meets once a month on a Sunday to sing. Are you with me? A video clip of the family choir singing Cycle North complete with traffic cones on their heads. Wow!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: