Friday 13 April 2007

More Norfolk days

Hi,

It's Wednesday after Easter and I am on my 3rd cycle trip in four days, only about 15 miles a time but enough to experience regular cycling day after day beyond my 7 mile round trip to work.

Being in the world on the bike people say hello to me as I pass and most drivers give me plenty of room. I am aware of my frailty on the bike and how every mile traveled, every hill climbed, is under my own steam. It is a bit like testing myself and testing the world and the LEJOG trip will involve this in spades. I will be very dependent on my own body and also on they support I get from people on the way.

It is a mad thing to do though to raise a bit of money for work in Kenya helps but it is still crazy! Mind you my PhD felt the same, a big crazy mountain to climb, the difference is that there will be some crazy hills for real - if not mountains - to climb on this trip! A journey of 1000 miles starts with one spin of the cycle wheel!

Today I brought my first ever digital camera in Norwich with money from my late father-in-law, it is a nice thought that most of the photos that will appear here and elsewhere will come from this camera. So a bit of Norfolk will travel with me!

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: