Friday 27 February 2009

Thanks

Hi,

Two years ago in February 2007 I launched this blog mostly as a way of keeping me on track to do my LEJOG bike ride the following summer. I figured that if I went public in this way I would have to follow through! It was also a way of getting support and sponsorship for that ride.

When the ride was completed it all felt a bit anti climactic. I wondered should I start a new blog and what to base it on. Then when I was in Bangalore in January 2008 I felt a real urge/need to blog again and it felt useful just to run further with this blog rather than attempt to set a whole new one up. So I am glad I made that choice.

The thanks is about you my readers. Today the hit rate passed 3000. I don't check out who reads me and how often some of you re-visit so I don't really know how many visitors I have had. I do know that most of you are from the UK but there are regular hits from the US and then a whole range of curious (to me) visitors from China, Brazil, Belgium, Singapore and from friends in Kenya.

What I have tried to do in this blog is to write stuff that matters to me about biking, spirituality, the Pets and as a place for my poems and using Frankie, the Boss, Tracey, Len to reflect parts of me and things that interest me that I can't say as William or Bill-on-bike.

Thanks for your visits, feel free to post comments on the blog if you like or email me off blog.

Best to all,

Bill-on-bike

No comments: