Tuesday 17 July 2007

Latest version of the route

Hi,

It was a broody sky today on my usual route into work. Sooner or later it is going to pour down. I had raised up my saddle by about one inch and the affect was impressive, I was cycling with greater power.

I have now booked 3 more B and Bs since Sheila said it is wet like it has been I don't fancy camping. So my latest route involves:

Day 1 (Friday 3rd August) Lands End to Wadebridge
Day 2 (Saturday 4th August) to South Molton
Day 3 (Sunday 5th August) to a farm at Wedmore near Cheddar
Day 4 (Monday 6th August) to Ross-on-Wye
Day 5 (Tuesday 7th August)to Much Wenlock
Day 6 (Wednesday 8th August)to Knutsford then onto home in Manchester
Day 7 (Thursday 9th August)to High Bentham, friends
Day 8 (Friday 10th August) )to Irthington near Brampton
Day 9 (Saturday 11th August)to Peebles
Day 10 (Sunday 12th August)to Upper Yetts O'Muckhart(!) near Perth
Day 11 (Monday 13th August)to Blair Athol
Day 12 (Tuesday 14th Agust) to Black Isle
Day 13 (Wednesday 15th August) to Altnaharra
Day 14 (Thursday 16th August)to John O'Groats!

I am excited and scared which feels about right. What I don't know is the accumulated impact of all the cycling on me - if I can get through the first 4 days I know I can finish. But also anything could happen. It will get my best shot and I have such good support which will carry me a long way in spirit.

last night Sheila said to me: "I'll set the alarm for six"
"But there's only 2 of us!"

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: