Saturday 19 May 2007

Rain again but so

So I was riding from work to my meeting with Ann in Altrincham yesterday and immediately it rained and there was quite a head wind - against me. I thought about quiting my bike at my home which was on route. But then the shower ended and the sun came out and my spirits revived.

I kinda like finding regular routes like this canal side trip to Altrincham which carries on to Dunham Massey and beyond. I like not having to navigate and knowing my route - where I am and what lies ahead. All of this will be very different on the LEJOG trip.

I am going to add this trip to Altrincham onto my regular Aldereley Edge trip which will make it 70 miles! I'll do the Edge trip first so that I can compare my times and then do this extra bit. This will answer my concerned friends who doubt I can do 70 miles a day!

My knees are a bit sore today maybe still catching up after being off the bike for a week. I have run out of the tablets Sheila gave me that seemed to be helping.

Cecilia Rachier from KAPC Kenya will be over on a visit early in July. I'll get a photo of her for this blog site. I'll ask her to do a seminar on HIV counselling in Kenya so if any of you are in Manchester on Thursday 12h July in the afternoon and want to come drop me an email - william.west@manchester.ac.uk.

Best to all,

Bill on bike

No comments: